Monday, October 12, 2009

This isn't right.

I don't even know what to say about this one.

More here.



This is Kylie at the funeral of her parents who were riding a tandem and were run down by some guy. "Investigators say there are no charges on the driver. They believe this was an accident and that somehow the driver lost control of his truck.”

You know, even if it was an "accident" there needs to be some sort of repercussions. No charges? Not even a ticket? I mean, sure, I can believe the guy didn't intentionally run down this poor girl's parents but driving a vehicle is a privilege, not a right, and even if you didn't intend to kill someone if you're not in control of your vehicle enough to prevent running down law abiding cyclists and killing them then at the very least you should lose your license.

I don't know what else to say. I mean, maybe it's the fact that I have a daughter that I'm more sensitive to this image than I should be but I pride myself on being able to see the "big picture." Like I said, yes, it was an accident, but you take on a certain amount of responsibility every time you get behind the wheel. It's up to you to pay attention to the road when you're driving and if you fuck up this badly, if you kill people, there should be, there has to be, some repercussions.

1 comment:

Wheezy said...

This story makes me want to cry. It's so sad.